Toulson and Lee named in all-English World Juniors squadNovember 16, 2016
The 13-strong British Diving team will be competing in all events across the seven-day competition which runs from 28 November – 4 December.
Toulson made her Olympic debut at Rio 2016, finishing fifth in the 10m Synchro with Tonia Couch.
The City of Leeds diver also competed at the last World Junior Championships two years ago, winning silver in the Group B Platform.
Leeds teammate Lee will also be taking part in his second World Juniors, having finished seventh in the Group B Platform at the 2012 event in Adelaide.
He won silver and bronze at this year’s senior European Championships in London, and will be returning to Kazan for the first time since competing in the 10m and 10m Synchro at last year’s World Championships.
Jordan Houlden made his senior European debut in London earlier this year, while Scarlett Mew Jensen and Emily Martin will compete for GB on the junior international stage for the first time.
“The signs are promising from our competition simulations,” said Team Leader Julian Bellan. “The divers are showing great physical and technical readiness.
“To help with preparation, the team has already had a pre-camp in Leeds.
“In 2012, Tom Daley battled it out with Rio Olympic champion Chen Aisen. So we can expect to see the very best diving and possibly future Olympic medallists in action.
“The event will see not only emerging talent but also established divers who have already experienced senior international competitions.”
English divers at the World Junior Championships 2016
- Jordan Houlden (City of Sheffield)
- Anthony Harding (City of Leeds)
- Matthew Dixon (Plymouth Diving)
- Noah Williams (Dive London)
- Matty Lee (City of Leeds)
- Owen Harrison (City of Sheffield)
- Millie Haffety (City of Sheffield)
- Millie Fowler (City of Sheffield)
- Katherine Torrance (City of Leeds)
- Scarlett Mew Jensen (Crystal Palace)
- Emily Martin (Southampton)
- Lois Toulson (City of Leeds)
- Shanice Lobb (Dive London)