Make a splash with #LoveSwimming21/10/2019
Are you looking for an affordable and fun activity for your family this summer? Look no further than your local swimming pool! From splashing around with the little ones, to incredible inflatables, floats and fun and much more, get ready to make a splash in the pool this summer.
New research shows that a family trip to the pool is a budget-friendly option that guarantees entertainment for the whole family.
As well as making memories, you’ll also be helping to support your local pool at a time when many are under threat due to higher running costs.
Find your local pool today
Your first step is to find your local swimming pool. They will all have their summer timetable available on their website for you to find a time and session appropriate for your family – just pop in your post code below!
What to take to the pool
Knowing what to take to the pool will depend on the needs and ages of those in your group, but we’ve pulled together a quick checklist of things to think about when heading to the pool:
- Swimming costume/trunks/shorts (for both yourself and your child if appropriate)
- Shampoo/shower gel
- Hair clips/hair bands (if needed)
- Swimming cap/hat (if needed)
- Locker money/coin (if needed)
- Goggles (these are not usually needed for beginners and some pools will have policies on their use)
- Floats/arm bands (these are usually supplied by Learn to Swim programmes or the pool, but worth double checking)
- Swim nappies for children starting with Adult and Child lessons (many pools sell these at reception and they are widely available at supermarkets)
Don’t take our word for it
Check out the Morgan and Laleye families own stories below about the family memories they’ve shared at their local pool.