European Masters Aquatics Championships 2022 FAQsAugust 9, 2022 Masters News
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the upcoming 2022 European Masters Aquatics Championships in Rome. Information is correct as of 4 August and may change subject to further official communications after this date.
- The swimming warm up will have start lanes, pace lanes and general swimming lanes. Marshals will be in attendance during training times and warm up.
- There will be no official time schedule for swimming. An estimated timeline will be provided but this will not slow down the pace of the event – it will be indicative only.
- There will be an open water schedule which will include competitor check-in time and race start time.
- Accreditation will be valid in the spectators stand at all facilities and also to the competitors area when the person is competing.
- A bag security system will be in place in Ostia for the open water event. Changing rooms will be available at the Aquatics Centre.
- The shuttle service will start early and end when competition and training is over.
- The shuttle service will have additional buses during peak hours.
- Only those in official hotels can officially use the transport which will operate between venues, and between hotels and venues.
- The accreditation will not be valid for use on Rome public transport. The LOC will provide information about public transport at the information desks.
- Information desks are located at the following three venues: Stadio del Nuoto, Pietralata, and the Aquatics Centre in Ostia.
- Accreditation Centres can be found in the Aquatics Centre in Ostia and at the Stadio del Nuoto in Rome.
- There will be a village where competitors and relatives can meet. Food/drink will be available.
- Doctors and ambulances will be present at each facility throughout the event.
Please see https://www.roma2022.eu/en/masters/homepage/ for full up to date event information.