How to apply to be Chairperson of the Swim England Masters Working GroupNovember 16, 2019
Swim England is searching for a new Chairperson of its Masters Working Group, following the departure of long-time servant Verity Dobbie.
The Swimming Leadership Group is looking for an enthusiastic and organised Chairperson, who has an appreciation of the needs of swimmers from all backgrounds.
It would be beneficial for candidates to be an experienced masters swimmer or volunteer.
This is an ideal opportunity for those looking to make a positive impact on the future of masters swimming.
What you need to be Masters Working Group Chairperson
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of masters swimming and Swim England
- Passion and enthusiasm about masters swimming and the development of the sport
- A thorough understanding of the way effective volunteer groups work
- An appreciation of the needs of masters swimmers from all backgrounds and abilities
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- The ability to articulate opinions and ideas
- The ability to work with people and command respect from the masters community
- Sound judgement and an ability to be impartial
- Awareness of issues surrounding the sport and current initiatives that are in place
This is a voluntary role, but all expenses related to the business of the Masters Working Group will be covered by Swim England.
Applications are open until 13 December 2019.