Spaces available on North West Masters Development DayFebruary 6, 2016
The ASA North West region have announced details of their North West Masters Development Day, taking place in Manchester on Sunday 28 February.
The day could also be useful for young or aspiring swimming coaches looking for tips on coaching Masters swimmers at their club.
The North West Masters Development Day will include a strength and conditioning session with advice on physiotherapy and how to cope with ageing.
There will also be talks on the psychology of competition and racing and how to prepare for the London 2016 European Masters Championships.
The three speakers will be Karen Howells of CTC Healthcare, James Stannard from Swim Trafford and Jonathan Preston from Blackpool Aquatics.
The day will include a 50m pool training session with advice on starts, turns, finishes, all strokes and example training sets.
North West Masters Development Day Itinerary
- 9:30 – 10:00: Welcome, coffee and registration at Sugden Centre, Manchester
- 10:00 – 11:30: ‘Strength, conditioning and how to cope with ageing’ (physiotherapy)
- 11:30 – 12:00 Break (early lunch for those who want more time between food and swim)
- 12:00 – 13:30: ‘Psychology of competition and racing’ and ‘how to prepare for Europeans London 2016’.
- 13:30 – 14:30: Lunch either in room or at cafe in Manchester
- 14:30 – 16:30: Pool session at Manchester Aquatic Centre