England take strong squad to Brno for 2019 EU Nations Water Polo Cup test18/06/2019
The England Senior Men’s water polo team will begin their EU Nations campaign in Brno, Czech Republic, this week.
Head coach, Tim Dunsbee, has selected a strong squad which will also have one eye on the World University Games, scheduled for Naples in July.
The EU Nations Water Polo Cup begins on Wednesday 19 June with the final due to take place on Sunday 23 June.
England have a number of tough opponents standing in their way after being drawn in Group B alongside Luxembourg, Lithuania, Austria, Switzerland and the United States.
Norman Leighton, Swim England Water Polo Talent Lead, said: “Tim has selected a strong side for this tournament and will be hoping for a good performance to build on for the World University Games in July.”
England’s opening match will see them face Lithuania with two matches then scheduled for the Thursday– the first against Switzerland in the morning and the second against Austria.
The clash against the United States will be on Friday morning with the final group match against Luxembourg in the evening.
The weekend’s fixtures will then be dependent on where England finish in their group.
England Senior Men’s water polo squad
- Connor Carpenter – City of Sheffield
- Lewis Daly – City of Manchester
- Jordan Elliot – Solihull
- Dylan Green – City of Manchester
- Matthias Madden – Solihull
- Daniel Paddon – City of Manchester
- Michael Patterson – City of Manchester
- Peter Pickford – Watford
- Rudi Polster – Cheltenham
- John Pratt – Sedgefield / Durham
- Christopher Sturtevant – Uni of South California
- Isaac Wass – Castleford / City of Manchester
- Aaron Winstanley – City of Manchester
- Joel Leighton – City of Manchester / City of Sheffield
- Finley Parnell – City of Sheffield / Ipswich
- Head Coach – Tim Dunsbee
- Team Manager – Dave Edwards