EU Nations Water Polo Tournament is a ‘great opportunity’ for England JuniorsFebruary 15, 2020 News and Blogs
The England Junior Men’s water polo squad has been announced ahead of the upcoming EU Nations tournament.
A team of 13 will travel to Brno, Czech Republic, to compete in their first national tournament together.
England are in group B and will face Belgium in their opening match on Thursday 9 April.
Andrew McGinty, England’s head coach, said: “We have been working hard towards the Junior Men’s EU Nations competition.
“Whilst it is still early days for our squad, having only officially joined as the 2003 squad in September, we are excited to pit ourselves against other national teams.
“This will be the first international competition for a lot of the players, so I’m sure it will provide vital experience for the team.
“The competition will give us a good indication of where we are at in our development and what we need to focus on moving forwards, so this really is a great opportunity for us.”
The fixtures against Ireland and Denmark will be played on Friday 10 April followed by semi-finals and finals over the weekend to determine the standings.
England Junior Men’s water polo squad
- Daniel Bentham – Co Manchester
- Harry Bentham – Co Manchester
- Malachy Byrne – Co Manchester
- Harry Dunkerley – Co Manchester / Bridgefield
- Callum Fookes – Co Manchester
- Rory Inman – Nova Centurian
- Charles Kingsmill – West London Penguin
- Adam Lecomber – Colchester / Watford
- Callum McCourt – Solihull
- Bertie Povall – Nova Centurian
- Francis Quinn – Cn Montjuic (Barcelona)
- Tom Simpson – Co Manchester
- Oliver Vodden – Rotherham Metro