Recipe: Banana Oatmeal BreadJanuary 5, 2021
While being told to stay at home, it’s easy to snack on junk food.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some healthy recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our recipe for Banana Oatmeal Bread.
Banana Oatmeal Bread ingredients to make eight servings
- 170g butter, melted
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 90ml honey
- 140g oats
- 100g walnuts, crushed
- 175g self-raising flour
- 50g dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mash up the banana and add the melted butter, honey and three eggs and mix.
- Add the oats, crushed walnuts and dark chocolate and mix.
- Line a baking loaf tin with grease proof paper and pour in the mixture.
- Can decorate with additional walnuts, oats or dark chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Calories (kcal): 140
- Carbs (g): 27
- Protein (g): 11
- Fat(g): 3
Check out more recipes here.