Recipe: Banana Yoghurt PotsSeptember 3, 2020
The immune system protects the body against disease and fights off infection. Specialised blood cells are the immune systems greatest weapon!
A strong immune system is key for consistent and beneficial training and it’s important you keep on top of your nutrition as it will help to keep your immune system strong. A poor immune system can increase the risk of injury and reduce performance.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this healthy recipe that you can try making at home!
See below for our banana yoghurt pots recipe. When you’ve had a go, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
Banana Yogurt Pots ingredients to make four servings
- 450g thick yoghurt
- 4 bananas, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 25g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Dollop 1 tablespoon of yoghurt into the bottom of 4 small glasses or bowls.
- Add a layer of banana chunks, then top with some more yoghurt.
- Repeat these layers until the glasses are full.
- Scatter over the sugar and walnuts.
- Leave in the fridge for 20 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve before serving.
- Calories (kcal): 230
- Carbs (g): 40
- Protein (g): 7
- Fat(g): 6
Check out more recipes here.