Recipe: Battle BarsJune 6, 2020
While being told to stay at home, it’s easy to snack on junk food.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some healthy recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our recipe for Battle Bars.
Battle Bars ingredients to make 10 servings
- 100g almonds, roughly chopped
- 75g cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 50g pistachio nuts, shelled and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds
- 20g coconut flakes
- Pinch kosher salt
- 150g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Mix the nuts, raisin, dried cranberries, mixed seeds, coconut and salt in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan melt dark chocolate, honey and coconut oil over a low heat.
- Once the chocolate mix is melted, pour over the mixed chopped nuts and fruits.
- Pour mixture into a rectangular baking tray lined with baking paper and spread out evenly.
- Put in the fridge to allow to set (at least an hour).
- Cut into bars using a sharp knife and store in an airtight container.
- Calories (kcal): 261
- Carbs (g): 13
- Protein (g): 7
- Fat(g): 21
Check out more recipes here.