Recipe: Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-FryApril 26, 2020
The immune system protects the body against disease and fights off infection. Specialised blood cells are the immune systems greatest weapon!
A strong immune system is key for consistent and beneficial training. While we are being told to stay at home, it’s important you keep on top of your nutrition as it will help to keep your immune system strong. A poor immune system can increase the risk of injury and reduce performance.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some healthy recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our recipe for Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-Fry.
Broccoli Bell Pepper Stir-Fry ingredients to make four servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 green pepper
- 1/3 red pepper
- 1/3 yellow pepper
- 1 cup broccoli
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup carrot, washed, chopped and boiled
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup corn, boiled
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce, optional
- Pinch of salt
- In a pan heat oil and add the chopped garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- On a high heat, add onion and all peppers and sauté until they start to become translucent.
- Add spinach. Sauté for a minute until they shrink.
- Add boiled broccoli, carrots, corn and peas. Mix well.
- Add all seasoning and mix well.
- Add all sauces and mix well.
- Add cooked rice, mix well and then serve!
- Calories (kcal): 270
- Carbs (g): 50
- Protein (g): 8
- Fat(g): 5
Check out more recipes here.