Recipe: Cajun chicken jambalayaFebruary 7, 2022
This recipe is great for a pre-exercise meal and will help fuel your workout. Meals such as this can be eaten around two to four hours before exercise.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our cajun chicken jambalaya recipe.
Cajun chicken jambalaya ingredients to make 1-2 servings
- 1 large chicken breast diced
- Half a diced onion
- Half a diced pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 250ml of chicken stock (stock pot/cube and boiling water)
- Half a bag of microwave basmati rice
- Optional veg – spinach, peas, broccoli
- Heat a large frying pan.
- Add the diced chicken breast and onion and cook until golden.
- Add in the pepper, garlic and cajun seasoning and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tinned tomatoes, stock and optional veg.
- Add in the microwave rice and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Calories (kcal): 395
- Carbs (g): 58
- Protein (g): 40
- Fat(g): 4.5
Check out more recipes here.