Recipe: Cajun chicken and vegetable skilletNovember 21, 2021
It is always important to stay on top of your hydration levels and this recipe contains a number of water-rich foods to help with this.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our Cajun chicken and vegetable skillet recipe.
Cajun chicken and vegetable skillet ingredients to make four servings
- 500g of chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 and a half tablespoons of Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle one tablespoon of Cajun seasoning and toss on a high heat for two to three minutes.
- Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and add the zucchini and peppers.
- Toss vegetables on medium-high heat for five to six minutes, until they are cooked through and tender but still have a crunch.
- Add the cooked chicken back in and toss everything well for a few minutes.
- Switch off the stove and drizzle lemon juice.
- Serve up!
- Calories (kcal): 243
- Carbs (g): 8
- Protein (g): 28
- Fat(g): 11
Check out more recipes here.