Recipe: Calcium SmoothieSeptember 19, 2021
Calcium plays a vital role within our bodies for several functions.
It is needed within the circulatory system to help contract and dilate blood vessels and arteries. Calcium is also needed to contract muscles, create nerve transmissions and signalling.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our calcium smoothie recipe.
Calcium smoothie ingredients to make one serving
- 250ml of milk
- 1/2 cup of plain low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup of collard greens
- 1/2 a medium orange
- 1/2 a medium banana
- 3 medium strawberries
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add a few ice cubes if you would like!
- Once the mixture is smooth, serve up.
- Calories (kcal): 430
- Carbs (g): 48
- Protein (g): 21
- Fat(g): 17
Check out more recipes here.