Recipe: Easy Orange LoafMay 30, 2021
Baking and cooking is a good way to learn a new skill and to prevent boredom.
Pre-workout snacks and meals need to provide energy to fuel your session and should therefore be high in carbohydrates.
For post-workout snacks and meals, combining protein and carbohydrates has been shown to be more effective for recovery and repair.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our easy orange loaf recipe.
Easy orange loaf ingredients to make twelve servings
- 150g of whole wheat flour
- 100g of ground almonds
- 2 oranges, seeds removed and diced
- 3 large eggs
- 70ml of olive oil
- 100ml of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- In a blender, blend together the diced oranges, eggs, honey, vanilla and olive oil. Place this into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, ground almonds, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, then whisk together.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the mix in.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for around 50 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before cutting.
- Calories (kcal): 205
- Carbs (g): 20
- Protein (g): 5
- Fat(g): 11
Check out more recipes here.