Recipe: Honey garlic chicken and vegetablesApril 5, 2021
This recipe is great for a post-exercise meal and will help with your recovery.
You should aim to eat between one to four grams of carbohydrates per kilogram in bodyweight for pre-workout and one gram per kilogram of bodyweight for post-workout.
For protein, you should aim to eat between 0.25-0.3 grams per kilogram in bodyweight before exercising and for optimal protein synthesis after exercise, try to consume 20g. More than 40g will not provide and additional benefits.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our honey garlic chicken with vegetables recipe.
Honey garlic chicken with vegetables ingredients to make four servings
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Half a teaspoon of oregano
- Half a teaspoon of dried basil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 440g baby potatoes, halved
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 broccoli, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet in cooking oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together one tablespoon of oil, butter, honey, brown sugar, mustard, oregano and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Set to a side.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with remaining teaspoon of oil.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the honey mixture.
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the broccoli in the last 10 minutes of the cooking time.
- Calories (kcal): 520
- Carbs (g): 45
- Protein (g): 45
- Fat(g): 15
Check out more recipes here.