Recipe: Muesli FlapjacksApril 21, 2020
While being told to stay at home, it’s easy to snack on junk food.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some healthy recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See the delicious muesli flapjack recipe below.
Muesli Flapjacks ingredients to make 12 servings
- 75g of butter
- 2 tbsp of nut butter (peanut or almond)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 apple, peeled and grated
- 250g porridge oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Additional extras:
- 85g dried chopped apricots or dates
- 100g raisins
- 85g mixed seeds
- Heat your oven to 160C and add greaseproof paper to a 20cm square tin.
- Heat the butter, honey and nut butter in a small pan on a medium heat until melted. Add in the mashed banana and grated apple, mix to combine.
- Mix the oats, spices, salt, dried fruit and seeds in a large bowl. Then pour in the combined banana/apple mix and stir everything together until well combined.
- Pour mixture into tin and level out.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Calories (kcal): 220
- Carbs (g): 30
- Protein (g): 6
- Fat(g): 8
Check out more recipes here.