Recipe: No Bake Banana Granola BarsDecember 17, 2020
While being told to stay at home, it’s easy to snack on junk food.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some healthy recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our ‘No Bake Banana Granola Bars’ recipe.
No Bake Banana Granola Bars ingredients to make five servings
- 240g unpeeled bananas
- 92g oats
- 45g crunchy cereal granola or nuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Mash the bananas.
- Add maple syrup, peanut butter and cocoa powder to bananas and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Press mixture evenly into paper liners.
- Freeze for at least 60 minutes before serving.
- Calories (kcal): 235
- Carbs (g): 47
- Protein (g): 4
- Fat(g): 5
Check out more recipes here.