Recipe: Protein BallsJuly 26, 2020
Looking for some protein filled snacks?
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this healthy recipe that you can try making at home!
See below for our protein ball recipe. When you’ve had a go, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
Protein Balls ingredients to make eight servings
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup porridge oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp instant coffee
- Packet of shredded coconut
- Soak dates in boiling water.
- Add oats and cocoa powder into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Dissolve coffee in warm water.
- Drain dates and add to the blender with coffee and honey and blitz.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and shape them into balls.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Calories (kcal): 119
- Carbs (g): 20
- Protein (g): 3
- Fat(g): 7
Check out more recipes here.