Recipe: Salmon and bean saladMarch 21, 2021
Protein is one of the key macronutrients in our diet, we need it in order to grow and be healthy.
While we are being told to stay at home, it’s important you keep on top of your nutrition and one of the most important times to consume protein is post-training, whether that be a home workout or a virtual session.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some healthy recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our ‘salmon and bean salad’ recipe.
Salmon and bean salad ingredients to make four servings
- 150g salad leaves
- 400g mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 200g salmon, drained
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions
- 4 tablespoons of low fat vinaigrette dressing
- Arrange the salad leaves on a plate.
- Mix the beans with vinaigrette, parsley and ground black pepper in a separate bowl.
- Remove the skin and bones from the salmon and lightly flake the flesh.
- Mix the salmon, tomatoes, spring onion and the bean mixture into the bowl.
- Heap all the ingredients in the bowl on top of the salad leaves.
- Calories (kcal): 250
- Carbs (g): 12
- Protein (g): 16
- Fat(g): 15
Check out more recipes here.