Recipe: Saucy bean baked eggsJune 4, 2022
Baking and cooking is a good way to learn a new skill and to stop you from getting bored.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our saucy bean baked eggs recipe.
Saucy bean baked eggs ingredients to make two servings
- 2 x 400g cans of cherry tomatoes
- 400g can of mixed bean salad, drained
- 200g of baby spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- 50g of thinly sliced smoked ham, torn
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread, to serve
- Tip the tomatoes and bean salad into an ovenproof frying pan or casserole dish, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook for five minutes, until wilted.
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Make four indentions in the mixture using the back of a spoon and crack an egg into each.
- Layer the ham evenly into the mixture and grill for four to five minutes, until the egg whites have set.
- Serve with bread on the side.
- Calories (kcal): 370
- Carbs (g): 27
- Protein (g): 32
- Fat(g): 12
Check out more recipes here.
Main image: BBC Good Food Me