Recipe: Soya bean and pea soupNovember 14, 2021
This recipe is high in calcium, and this plays a vital role within our bodies for several functions.
It is needed within the circulatory system to help contract and dilate blood vessels and arteries. Calcium is also needed to contract muscles, create nerve transmissions and signalling.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our soya bean and pea soup recipe.
Soya bean and pea soup ingredients to make 4 servings
- 200g of frozen soya beans
- 200g of frozen peas
- 500ml of hot vegetable stock
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small bunch basil leaves
- 50g of rocket leaves
- 300ml of light soya milk
- Put the frozen soya beans, frozen peas, vegetable stock and spring onions in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the basil and rocket leaves and light soya milk. Separate the mixture in to two bowls.
- Blend the mixture in one of the bowls until its smooth, leave the other bowl of soup chunky. Combine both mixtures and warm through to serve.
- Calories (kcal): 129
- Fat(g): 6
Check out more recipes here.