Recipe: Strawberry Green SmoothieJanuary 15, 2021
Whether you are doing home workouts or taking part in virtual sessions, it’s important to stay on top of your hydration levels.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together some healthy recipes that you can try making at home!
If you do try any of these recipes, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our recipe for Strawberry Green Smoothie.
Strawberry Green Smoothie ingredients to make two servings
- 160g ripe strawberries, halved
- 160g baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, halved and the flesh scooped out
- 150ml pot bio yoghurt
- 2 small oranges, juiced, plus ½ teaspoon finely grated zest
- Put all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- If it is too thick, add a drop of chilled water, then blitz again.
- Pour into glasses and drink straight away.
- Calories (kcal): 226
- Carbs (g): 16
- Protein (g): 8
- Fat(g): 13
Check out more recipes here.