Recipe: Sultana flapjacksApril 17, 2022
This recipe is great for a pre-exercise snack and will help fuel your workout. Snacks such as this can be eaten around 45-60 minutes before exercise.
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our sultana flapjacks recipe.
Sultana flapjacks ingredients to make 12 servings
- 200g of butter or margarine
- 200g of sugar
- 200g of honey or golden syrup
- 400g of porridge oats
- 75g of sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Butter a 20cm x 30cm cake tin.
- Put the butter, sugar and honey in a saucepan and heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted, and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the oats and sultanas and mix well.
- Transfer the oat mix to the prepared tin and spread about 2cm thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges but soft in the middle.
- Let cool in the tin, cut into squares.
- Calories (kcal): 389
- Carbs (g): 59
- Protein (g): 5
- Fat(g): 17
Check out more recipes here.