Recipe: Vegetable Packed Chicken CurryOctober 24, 2021
This recipe is high in fibre and a good source of potassium, magnesium, iron and calcium.
It is based on the fresh food you can buy from shops and can be made on your own or with your family. You can also add your own twist if you would like!
Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University, Ozcan Esen, and Sport and Exercise Nutrition BSc(Hons) students have helped put together this recipe.
If you try making it at home, post your image on social media with the hashtag #WPNutrition.
See below for our vegetable packed chicken curry recipe.
Vegetable packed chicken curry ingredients to make 2-4 servings
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of madras curry paste or any curry paste of choice
- A few cardamom pods
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large courgette
- 250g of Greek yoghurt
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, garlic, chillies and chicken. Cook until the chicken is seared on the outside and the onions have softened.
- Season with salt and pepper, add in the curry paste, cardamom pods, green pepper and cauliflower. Cook for a few minutes on a high heat, whilst stirring.
- Tip in the tomatoes, then fill the empty can up with water and add this in too. Bring it to the boil and add in the broccoli and courgette. Simmer for 10 minutes until all the vegetables are soft.
- Turn the heat down to low until it has stopped bubbling and stir in the yoghurt. Season again with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with brown rice and/or naan bread!
- Calories (kcal): 354
- Carbs (g): 24
- Protein (g): 31
- Fat(g): 17
Check out more recipes here.