Get Into Aqua Aerobics
Aqua Aerobics classes offer you something different to a traditional gym workout and you’ll really see a difference in your overall health and fitness.
Typical Aqua Aerobics classes will involve all the exercises you would expect in a ‘dry’ class but with added bonuses you can only get from exercising in water.
Benefits of aerobics in water
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles
- This support is great if you’re older, have suffered an injury or are recovering from illness
- Water pressure helps the heart move blood around the body, putting less strain on it
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion
- Working out in water can also prevent overheating, helping you exercise for longer.
- And... it's fun! It is not often you can say that about a workout.
What can I expect?
A great all-over workout. Aqua dumbbells, kickboards and hydro discs are some of the equipment you might use. Let World Champion backstroker Liam Tancock give you an introduction to the kit you'll need in the video left.
You don't need to buy equipment if you don't want to. Everything you need will be provided by your pool for use the lesson.
How do I get involved?
Use our Pool Finder to locate your nearest pool and ask them about aqua jogging and aqua fitness. Have fun!