Get Into Aqua Jogging
Give Aqua Jogging a go and you’ll get all the benefits of running but with less impact on your body.
You’ve never experienced running like this – as well as being ankle friendly, aqua jogging offers you a better workout with less effort.
Aqua jogging has lots of benefits that its land-based counterpart can't offer.
- Water is denser than air that you work harder and burn more calories
- The pressure of the water helps your heart out so you get the same intensity of exercise at a lower heart rate.
In short, better results for less work. And with aqua jogging there’s no pressure to ‘go fast’ with its extra stress on your joints.
So if you are a runner already and you’re recovering from an injury then try aqua jogging to complement your training routine and become an aqua jogger as well.
What can I expect?
An Aqua Jogging class will last about an hour. A qualified instructor will take you through the basics, such as how to fit your equipment, and how to get the most out of your workout.
You’ll use your arms, hips, and legs continuously, for a great cross-training workout.
Once you know the basics you can aqua jog at any time without needing an instructor.
What equipment do I need?
Your pool will provide you with everything you need, just take your normal swimwear. You can expect to use two pieces of equipment:
- Water shoes: These are key to getting the most out of your workout. Bare feet can work but won't give you the necessary resistance and motion.
- Flotation belt: If you are deep water aqua jogging then you will need a flotation belt to keep your torso partially above the water while you run.
How do I get involved?
- Use our Pool Finder to locate your nearest pool – all you need is your postcode – and ask them about aqua jogging classes.