About the ASA Competitive Swimming HubMay 13, 2016 About the Sport
The ASA Competitive Swimming Hub is a general resource for young people thinking of getting into competitive swimming in England, as well as current swimmers and their parents. If you are over 18 years old you may want to consider Masters swimming.
If you are proud to smell of chlorine, or are a parent/carer of a child who punctuates their day with serious napping after burning 4,000 calories in the small hours near dawn, then this is the site for you.
What you can find on the Competitive Swimming Hub
In short, quite a lot and the plan is to keep it growing. It is one of the ASA‘s Sport Hubs, designed to celebrate the aquatic sports through a central website. Other Hubs include: water polo, synchro, diving, and masters swimming (competitive swimming for the over 18s).
Key sections on the site include:
- Get Started – especially for people starting out. All the information you need to get into competitive swimming
- Compete – This is for the swimmers. Information on swimming competitions, accessing results and more.
- Develop – This is a focus on the opportunities to develop as a swimmer and introduces ASA Beacon Programmes and England Programmes Swimming.
- Parents – A section just for swim parents or carers. It includes tips on how to support your young swimmers, lunchbox ideas for school, dos and don’t’s, and more.
- About – An introduction to the sport in the Olympics and Paralympics as well as a history of competitive swimming
Ten things you can learn about on the Competitive Swimming Hub are:
- Becoming a competitive swimmer and finding your nearest swimming club
- Introduction to English swimming competitions
- Accessing competitive swimming results
- Competing and ASA membership
- A background on the history of the sport and the sport as it is today
- How the different swimming strokes developed
- Swimming at the Olympics and Paralympics
- Licensed meets information and guidance
- Para-swimming classification guidance
- Developing as a swimmer
We are always looking for feedback. So, if you have something to say about the ASA Competitive Swimming Hub then please email email@example.com.