Asher and Warren on top in British Masters Decathlon 2015February 19, 2016
Congratulations to all the Masters swimmers who came in the top ten for the British Masters Decathlon 2015.
A hearty well done goes to Jane Asher of Kings Cormorants who came first in the ladies, retaining her title for the last three years.
A close battle was fought for second place which goes to Emma Gage (Trafford Metro) and then biting at her heels Judith Hattle (Carnegie).
The top three in the men’s results were all very close but congratulations goes to David Warren from Otter who came first, closely followed by Michael Hodgson (Guildford) and Ben Harkin (Chesterfield) third.
East Leeds almost managed top team in both men’s and women’s but were pipped to the post by Silver City Blues with their great women’s team of Rachael Keir, Audrey Cooper, June Falconer and Laura Robertson.
East Leeds men’s team of Paul Clemence, Chris Knee, Kyran Parker and Richard Jagger had to work hard to secure their 277 point lead over City of Oxford.
The awards this year are £100 for first place, £50 for second place, £25 for third place and a cap for everyone in the individual top ten.
The men’s and women’s club who come first will also receive £400 for their club and a hat each.
For those Masters swimmers who may not know about the decathlon competition, you are automatically entered if you swim in an event where the results are sent to ‘Masters Rankings’.
- Want to find out more about the British Masters Decathlon? Click here to head to our dedicated page about the competition.
You have to swim at least 10 different events over the year and the results are calculated as soon as the year ends on 31 December.
British Masters Decathlon 2015 Results
- Click here for British Masters Decathlon 2015 individual men’s results.
- Click here for British Masters Decathlon 2015 individual women’s results.
- Click here for British Masters Decathlon 2015 team men’s results.
- Click here for British Masters Decathlon 2015 team women’s results.