Get Into Swimming
Not been in the pool since school? It’s changed a bit since then! It’s time to rediscover swimming.
Learning to swim has no age limit and thousands are taking it up each year.
With lessons, group classes or our very own ASA Learn To Swim Pathway, getting started is easy.
You’ll feel totally invigorated after your very first dip. Here are a few reasons to take the plunge:
- It’s a great way to keep in shape.
- You’ll enjoy this fun activity for the whole family.
- Knowing how to swim is a skill for life.
- Water safety can help save lives.
- It’s great for pregnant women or people with disabilities to keep fit.
If you are at school check out the under-16s section in Go Swimming for more on getting started in aquatics.
Swimming is a simple way to keep fit, to relax and to socialise. It’s a great way to bond as a family and the rhythmic action is calming and helps get rid of stress.
In this section you'll find lots of great ways to get started with swimming. You're sure to find something you like.
When you've found it use our Pool Finder to find out what is going on at your local pool and start making a splash.