Introducing Swim England Beacon ProgrammesMarch 29, 2016
The Swim England Beacon Programmes are a series of regional schemes designed to develop and nurture the most talented young swimmers and para-swimmers in England.
Supported by investment from Sport England, the Beacon Programmes sites are selected by the Swim England Swimming Talent teams and provide access to quality pool and dryland training facilities as well as education and sports science support.
Working in line with the Swim England Swimming Talent pathway, each of the Beacon Programmes provides a daily training environment as well as weekly sessions for selected swimmers.
Where are the regional swimming Beacon Programmes?
There are 10 existing regional swimming Beacon Programmes based at major clubs in those regions. Click on the name of the club to head to their website and find out more information.
- Basildon Swimming Club – East Region
- Coventry Swimming Club – West Midlands Region
- Portsmouth Northsea Swimming Club – South West Region
- City of Leeds Swimming Club – North East Region
- London Aquatics Centre – London Region
- City of Sheffield Swimming Club – North East Region
- City of Manchester Swimming Club – North West Region
- City of Sunderland Swimming Club – North East Region
- Plymouth Leander Swimming Club – South West Region
- Nova Centurion Swimming Club – East Midlands Region
How do I join a Beacon Programme?
Swimmers are selected for regional sessions at the Swim England Swimming Beacon Programmes on an annual basis.
Automatic selections are made for swimmers competing for the British teams at major senior or junior international competitions the previous season.
Further selections may be made based on rankings, placings at the British Summer Championships, or inclusion on the England Talent squads.
- Click here to download the Swim England Swimming Beacon Programmes selection policy for the 2016 / 2017 season.