Swimming at Bucks New UniversityNovember 1, 2018
Find out about swimming at the Swim England Performance Centre in High Wycombe, based at Bucks New University and Wycombe District Swimming Club.
Swimming at Bucks New University
Bucks is the ideal place to combine your swimming performance training with your academic and career aspirations.
With strong, personal and caring support from Bucks New University, and a high standard of training from Wycombe District Swimming Club, you can succeed both in and out of the pool!
Learning in an inspiring, friendly and well equipped university makes a huge difference, which is why we’ve invested £100 million into making our campuses amazing.
Our courses are designed to prepare you for a rewarding career
You can choose from a wide range of degree programmes, including business and management, arts and creative industries, psychology and social sciences, human performance and sport.
We also offer foundation year programmes for many of our degree courses, helping you develop your skills and confidence before progressing onto a degree.
You can gain valuable hands on experience too – from working on live project briefs to taking part in placements and industry visits.
Our investment in cutting-edge equipment will ensure you graduate with the latest knowledge and experiences – from a flight simulator or mixing desk to a psychology lab, employers will see that you know your way around already.
As a Bucks student you are automatically a member of Bucks Students’ Union, the UK’s number one SU (National Student Survey 2018*). You will be able to take part in all aspects of the Students’ Union, including developmental activities, additional skills sessions, volunteering opportunities and all sports clubs and societies for FREE thanks to the Big Deal.
Based in the lively towns of High Wycombe, Uxbridge and Aylesbury, our campuses have great transport links, which means you’ll be within easy reach of London, Oxford, Reading and beyond!
And with guaranteed accommodation for all first-year students, we know you’ll soon settle in and call Bucks your home.
Come and join us at our next Open Day or email email@example.com to find out more about Bucks New University and our Performance Centre.
*Highest scoring University (/133) in the UK for Q26: ‘The Students’ Union effectively represents students’ academic interests’, National Student Survey 2018.
Team Bucks Performance Centre
Our partnership with Wycombe District Swimming Club will give talented swimmers the opportunity to stay in the sport while continuing their education.
Wycombe District Swimming Club (WDSC) is located close to the University and will give you access to a leading Performance Programme, providing the right training environment, coaching and support to train for national and international success.
Depending on your level, we provide the following pathways within the club:
- Performance Centre Elite Squad (for competitors at British level*) – tiered support package available dependent on your standard
- Performance Centre Development Squad (must qualify for the South East Regionals*) – tiered support package available dependent on your standard
- Bucks Senior Squad (part of Bucks Students’ Union Big Deal)
- Recreational Swimmer (part of Bucks Students’ Union Sport for Fun programme).
Successful Performance applicants will receive:
- training in superb performance facilities at Wycombe Leisure Centre and surrounding pools, with access to Bucks New University’s Human Performance, Exercise and Wellbeing Centre
- professional coaching from a Great Britain and Olympic Level Coach**
- individual support from WDSC’s ‘in-house’ strength and conditioning coach – with additional strength and conditioning access at the University, if required
- fitness assessments, sports science support, personal sport nutrition analysis and regular Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support (TALS) coaching sessions arranged individually and delivered by our qualified lifestyle advisors
- discounted sports therapy sessions, and access to complimentary sports massages (subject to availability)
- tiered funding for full or part contribution to squad training costs
- comprehensive long and short course training within a supportive environment.
Wycombe District Swimming Club Contacts
*Please refer to the current criteria found on WDSC website
**if training in the Performance Centre Squad