Tone your body with the noodle swing through exercise09/08/2016
If you are looking for something different to do in the pool, then our pool exercise ideas are just the thing. No swimming required, just a steady, simple workout using the resistance and support offered by water. This idea we’ve called the noodle swing through exercise.
A swing through exercise with a noodle is a great way of working your upper body, arms and stomach (abs) in water. You can be at any pool depth to do this exercise.
Remember to always warm up before exercise. Check out our stretching section here for more on warming up. You can find leg stretch exercises here and arm stretches here.
- Body areas worked: upper body, arms, and stomach (abs)
- Equipment: noodle
- Related exercises: Twist Tuck Jumps
How to do the noodle swing through exercise
- Choose any part of the pool
- Stand upright with your feet hip width apart and with soft knees
- Hold a noodle in front of you with your arms straight at shoulder height and the hands wider than the hips
- Pull your knees to your chest while simultaneously pulling noodle down,
- Swing the legs over the noodle and extend to back layout position
- Bring the knees back into the chest and return to front layout position
- Attempt to do 10-15 noodle swing through exercises
If you feel this is too easy then you can increase the intensity by the following methods.
- Increase the number of repetitions
- Increase the speed of the repetitions
If you feel this is too hard then you can decrease the intensity by doing the following.
- Perform the exercise without the use of a noodle. This will reduce the resistance on the legs and arms.