Tone your thighs with twist tuck jumps18/07/2016
If you are looking for something different to do in the pool, then our pool exercise ideas are just the thing. No swimming required, just a steady, simple workout using the resistance and support offered by water. This idea is twist tuck jumps in the water.
Twist tuck jumps with a noodle are a great way of working your upper and lower legs, and core in the water. Always warm up before exercise. Checkout our stretching section here for more on warming up. You can find leg stretch exercises here and upper body stretches here.
- Body areas worked: upper legs, lower legs, and core.
- Equipment: noodle
- Related exercises: Hamstring Curl, Side Leg Raise.
How to do twist tuck jumps in the pool
- Ensure the pool water level is at your shoulders
- Stand upright with your feet hip width apart and with soft knees
- Place hands out to the side for stability
- Place the noodle under your feet holding each end
- Push off the floor with both feet evenly and pull your knees to your stomach
- Rotate your hips to one side
- Straighten your hips and push the feet to the floor
- Repeat the movement, rotating the hips to the other side
- Attempt to do 10-15 twist tuck jumps
If you feel this is too easy then you can increase the intensity by the following methods.
- Increase the number of repetitions
- Increase the speed of the repetitions
If you feel this is too hard then you can decrease the intensity by doing the following.
- Perform the exercise without the use of a noodle. This will reduce the resistance on the legs