Swimmer development with England Talent SwimmingMarch 28, 2016 England Talent
The highest level of support you can receive as an English swimmer is with England Talent Swimming.
The England Talent Swimming team are charged with two main goals:
- Identifying the most talented young open water and pool swimmers in England as a person, athlete and performer.
- Creating a culture that is safe and positive where athletes are at the centre of all activities to support future podium success.
If you like the idea of becoming a world and Olympic swimming medallist, travelling the world as an elite sportsperson and being a role model for thousands of young people in England, read on to find out how to get involved.
Four stages of swimmer development in England
England Talent Swimming involves four stages of swimmer development for athletes aged from 11 to 19.
The four stages are designed to help you reach your maximum potential as a swimmer and eventually step up onto British Swimming’s World Class Pathway, where you could become a funded athlete.
The four stages are:
- Swim England Development Programme: generally for swimmers aged between 11 and 15, these camps involve a mixture of swimming coaching and education and take place between April and December.
- Swim England National Event Camps: for swimmers aged 15 and 16, this four day camp takes place in December and technical and tactical development areas for specific racing events.
- Swim England Junior Squad: for swimmers aged 18 or under, you could be selected for international camps or competitions to enhance your future performance potential.
- Swim England Performance Squad: the England squad is the final stepping stone towards the British Swimming World Class Programme for those who haven’t already been selected. The squad swim at an end-of-season competition and are aimed towards qualifying for a major international event.
View the latest details and swimmer selection policies for the England Talent Swimming phases in the library below.
England Talent Swimmer Development
If you have a question about England Talent Swimming, please contact the team at email@example.com.
England Talent Swimming also focuses on improving the level of coaching across the network of swimming clubs in England.
While coaches may be invited to observe or participate in the swimming phases, the England Talent team run a series of conferences and training events throughout the year to support coaching development.
You can sign up to the latest English swimming coach development workshops or view clips from previous workshops on the Swim England website.
- Head to the England Talent page on the Swim England website.