Award winners are 'so inspirational'November 19, 2018
Water polo award winners have been praised for being ‘so inspirational’ to others throughout 2018.
Swim England and British Swimming both recently held award ceremonies to celebrate achievement across the aquatic disciplines during the year.
There were a number of landmark achievements in water polo throughout 2018 and the following individuals and groups have been recognised for outstanding contributions. These were:
- Swim England Club Network of the Year Award: Kent Water Polo Network
- Swim England Performance Athlete of the Year Award (Water Polo): Thomas Manley
- Swim England Talent Athlete of the Year Award (Water Polo): Stephanie Whittaker
- British Swimming Athlete of the Year Water Polo (Female): Stephanie Whittaker
- British Swimming Athlete of the Year Water Polo (Male): Matthias Madden
- British Swimming Coach of the Year Water Polo: Nick Hume
Ian Elliot, chairperson of the Swim England Water Polo Management Group, said: “It’s been fantastic to see the quality of nominations for this year’s awards and hear so many stories of achievement, dedication and commitment throughout the sport.
“The selection of winners chosen represents the very best of water polo in this country and I would like to congratulate each and every one for proving so inspirational.”