English swimmers selected for European Juniors 2018March 9, 2018
Team England Commonwealth Games swimmers Freya Anderson, Emily Large and Jacob Peters have been included in the Great Britain squad for the European Championships in July.
They are part of a 30-strong British Swimming team, which includes six British senior champions, that will be travelling to Helsinki, Finland, for the event.
The squad for the competition, which takes place between 4-8 July, was finalised following the British Swimming Championships in Edinburgh last weekend.
An extremely important year
Tim Jones, British Swimming’s Head of Elite Development, said: “We are really pleased to be able to select a strong team of 30 swimmers to compete in Helsinki at the start of July.
“This is an extremely important year for British Swimming. The second year of this Olympic cycle is one of our final opportunities to unearth some new talent ahead of the 2020 Tokyo Games.
“In amongst our team, we have been able to name some familiar and experienced junior swimmers who have already successfully begun the transition into the senior ranks.
“We hope to be able to indentify some more hidden gems at this event that can become potent forces on the British team for many years to come.
“With an extended period of preparation time between now and the start of the meet, our focus will be to ensure all of our team members swim season best performances at these championships.”
Both Anderson, who defended her British 100m Freestyle title in Edinburgh, and Large are reigning world junior champions for the 100m Freestyle and 200m Butterfly respectively.
English swimmers selected for European Junior Championships 2018
- Daisy Anderson – Thanet
- Freya Anderson – Ellesmere College
- Rachel Anderson – Millfield School
- Will Bell – City of Leicester
- Tatiana Belonogoff – Guildford City
- Lily Booker – City of Bristol
- Lily Boseley – City of Sheffield
- Lewis Burras – Southport / Hamilton Aquatics
- Greg Butler – City of Derby
- Harry Constantine – Hatfield
- Lauren Cox – City of Coventry
- Leah Crisp – City of Leeds
- Tom Dean –Maidenhead
- Angharad Evans – Ellesmere College
- Jakob Goodman – Millfield School
- Nathan Hughes – Hatfield
- Charlie Hutchison – Ellesmere College
- Emily Large – Newcastle Swim Team
- Jasmine McCrea – Poole
- Laura McNab – Team Bath Aquae Sulis
- Jacob Peters – Poole
- Nick Pyle – Newcastle Swim Team
- Charlotte Rigg – City of Birmingham
- Ciara Schlosshan – City of Leeds
- Luke Turley – Hatfield