Swimming stars set to feature in new 'Sharing Success' seriesFebruary 10, 2021
Olympic medallists Rebecca Adlington, Siobhan-Marie O’Connor and James Guy are among a host of swimming stars that will be inspiring the next generation of athletes in Swim England’s new Sharing Success series.
Delivered by Swim England’s Swimming Talent Team, the series will consist of a number of stroke-specific and age-dependent online workshops focusing on the technical, tactical, and physical elements of each stroke.
The workshops will also feature a star-studded line-up of current and former athletes who will share their stories with all attendees.
Swim England’s guest athletes so far include double Olympic gold medallist Adlington, Commonwealth Games gold medallist James Goddard, Olympic silver medallists O’Connor and Guy plus Olympic finalist Max Litchfield, World Championships medallist Luke Greenbank, World Championships finalist Anna Hopkin and European Championships silver medallist Tom Dean.
The Sharing Success Series will be available to Category 2 Swim England members for 2021 in each of the following age groups: 10-12, 13-14 and 15-16.
We have now expanded this series to include 17-24 year-olds, Masters (25+), and Open Water swimmers. Registration for these additional workshops will open on 2 March.
Grant Robins, Swim England head of swimming talent, said: “These workshops are a fantastic opportunity for our Category 2 members.
“The talent team has worked hard to put together high-quality content for this series, covering all of the cornerstones of developing performance swimming.
“Our members will not only have the opportunity to listen and learn directly from our talent coaches, but will also get an audience with some of England’s most successful swimmers to date.
“We hope that hearing their stories will inspire the younger generations of up and coming swimmers in this country and help them realise their full potential, even in these unusual and difficult times.”
Richard Blackshaw, Swim England’s national talent officer for swimming, added: “Swimming is a complex sport so we wanted to put together a series of workshops for our athletes that simplify each element of performance into digestible pieces.
“The technical portion will look at elements of the stroke such as body position, turns, breathing and timing, while the tactical portion of the workshops will discuss how to enhance race craft, including developing the perfect race plan.
“We will run through specific land enhancement work for each event, followed by a Q&A with an elite athlete as they share their stories on what has made them so successful.”
All of Swim England’s Category 2 members for 2021 within the three age categories will receive an email inviting them to take part.
Spaces are extremely limited and will operate on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Registration for 13/14 age group and 15/16 age group workshops will open on 1 March. Registration for 17-24, Open Water and Master (25+) will open on 2 March.
The cost of each workshop is £10 per person and the full schedule is below. If you have any queries, please contact Successseries@swimming.org
Saturday 20 February
- 9-11am, Medley, 10-12 age group, with Max Litchfield
Saturday 6 March
- 9-11am, Butterfly, 13-14 age group, with James Guy
- 12-2pm, Butterfly, 15-16 age group, with Ellie Robinson and James Guy
- 3-5pm, Butterfly, 17-24 age group, with James Guy
Sunday 7 March
- 9-11am, Sprint and Mid-Distance Freestyle, 13-14 age group, with Tom Dean and Anna Hopkin
- 12-2pm, Sprint and Mid-Distance Freestyle, 15-16 age group, with Tom Dean and Anna Hopkin
- 3-5pm, Sprint and Mid-Distance Freestyle, 17-24 age group, with Tom Dean and Anna Hopkin
Saturday 20 March
- 10am-12pm, Backstroke, 13-14 age group, with Luke Greenbank
- 1-3pm, Backstroke, 15-16 age group, with Luke Greenbank
- 4-6pm,Backstroke, 17-24 age group, with Luke Greenbank
Sunday 21 March
- 9-11am, Breaststroke, 13-14 age group, with James Wilby
- 12-2pm, Breaststroke, 15-16 age group, with James Wilby
- 3-5pm, Breaststroke, 17-24 age group, with James Wilby
Saturday 27 March
- 9-11am, Distance Freestyle, 13-14 age group, with Rebecca Adlington
- 12-2pm, Distance Freestyle, 15-16 age group, with Rebecca Adlington
- 3-5pm, Distance Freestyle, 17-24 age group, with Rebecca Adlington
Sunday 28 March
- 9-11am, Medley, 13-14 age group, with Siobhan-Marie O’Connor and Grace Harvey
- 12-2pm, Medley, 15-16 age group, with Siobhan-Marie O’Connor and Grace Harvey
- 3-5pm, Medley, 17-24 age group, with Siobhan-Marie O’Connor and Grace Harvey
Sunday 11 April
- 9-11am, Medley, 10-12 age group, with James Goddard
- 12-2pm, Masters, with Jo Corben
- 3-5pm, Open Water, with guest athlete
Registration closing dates
- 6 and 7 March: 12 noon, 4 March
- 20 and 21 March: 12 noon, 18 March
- 27 and 28 March: 12 noon, 25 March
- 11 April: 12 noon, 8 April
Booking onto the Sharing Success Series Webinars
Please view the Frequently Asked Questions document which will explain the email invitations process and how to book onto the webinars.