Athlete kit carriers needed for ISL London leg11 November 2019
London has been gifted the final leg of Europe and penultimate leg of the series. ISL is a unique event in the world of swimming, which along with it being in its primary year, looks exciting and will shine a new focus on the sport.
The spectator seating has already sold out for the Saturday with very limited seats left for the Sunday.
British Swimming has been appointed as the Local organising Committee to run the Sport Operations side of the event.
There is an opportunity for three teams of nine athlete kit carriers for both sessions.
Below are key points of what is involved and offered for the role:
- Required to be there for the weekend of the 23rd and 24th November, both sessions
- The competition itself runs from 4-7pm each day. So only 2 sessions in total. They would be required from 2pm for rehearsals on the Saturday, and approx. 3.30pm on Sunday.
- You will receive uniform and accreditation for the event.
- The role of athlete kit involves carrying the kit from the starting blocks to the kit collection area, for each race.
- This will be fast paced but very rewarding experience while also being backstage of an international event.
- The young helpers need to be aged 13 – 17
This is a first come first serve offer. The organising committee are looking for complete teams, so eight or nine helpers.
If you have less than eight people interested, they will look to still have them involved.
There is also an opportunity on Friday evening to race in the competition pool for broadcast rehearsals and sit in the athlete seating pods, experiencing what it would be like to be a part of such an event.
To find out more and be part of this amazing event, please contact Nicole Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.