Regional Youth Advisory Panel – Final Call for Volunteers - Deadline extended to 7th December 202030 November 2020
The Swim England London region is looking for a keen group of young volunteers between the ages of 15-20 who are prepared to speak out about key issues or ideas they might have about their sport, volunteering or their club. The key purpose of this panel is to bring together young people from different aquatic disciplines and backgrounds to provide a youth voice for the London region.
Members of the panel will meet 1-2 times per month, be able to share their ideas in both group and private environments and actively take part in projects which support the region.
Elliot McHugh is the panels Chair. Elliot joined the Swim England National Youth Advisory Panel in 2018 as the youngest member at the age of 17. He is part of a safeguarding working group which develops resources for young people to access.
Why join the panel?
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Learn to work in a small team environment and get your ideas across clearly
- Meet like-minded people from different aquatic disciplines
- Play a key role in shaping the actions of the region
- Lead the youth voice for the London region.
Who we are looking for?
- Young people who are between 15-20 years old
- Young people who are involved in Diving, Water polo, Synchronised swimming, Open water, Para Swimming or a non-swimming volunteer.
- Young people who are actively involved in the sport as a participant, teacher, coach, official or volunteer.
How to apply:
The application process has two steps; an online application form and a video submission.
Please complete the online form by clicking here and submit a video, no longer than two minutes, to email@example.com. Your video should focus on discussing an issue in sport that’s important to you.
- Tell us what the issue is, why it is important to you, how it affects you or people you know and how you would solve it.
- Please make sure that you introduce yourself, so we know who you are and can match your video to your online application.
- Think about where you are when you record your video, is it bright enough for us to see you? What is around you? Could someone identify where you are or see something you don’t want them to?
- Think about how quickly you speak.
- Make the video as interesting as you can but remember it’s about you.
Applications submitted by 7th December 2020 which meet the criteria will be reviewed over the Christmas break. Please note that we may invite you for an interview.
Join today and empower the voice of the youth!