Success of first London Aquatics Conference19 September 2019
On 7 September 2019, Swim England London held their first ever Aquatics Conference.
A full days programme of workshops took place at the Novotel West London in Hammersmith, attended by over 70 coaches, officials and volunteers representing clubs involved in swimming, para-swimming, open water swimming, diving and water polo.
With a host of fantastic speakers involved in aquatics from both London and nationally, a truly collaborative, informative and thought provoking day was had by all, with many commenting on it being a highly productive way to start the swimming season in London as both presenters and attendees shared ideas to help shape the continued development of athletes and clubs within our region.
Alongside the Aquatics Conference, Swim England London also held their ACM as well as their annual awards, which now form part of the larger national aquatics awards.
The Swim England London awards winners
- Youth Volunteer Award and Flo Barnes Trophy: Elliot McHugh of Ealing SC
- Adult Volunteer Award and Dave Barnes Trophy: Cathy Bone of Croydon Amphibians SC
- Technical Official of the Year: Steve Westwood of Leyton SC
- Club of the Year: Bromley SC
- Coach of the Year: Wayne Lock of Anaconda SC
- Long Service Award and Jeff Cook Salver: Ray Haggan of Anaconda SC
- Adult Achievement Award: Eid Aljazairli of Newham and UEL SC
- Personal Achievement Award: Marion Cole of Dulwich Dolphins SC
The award winners have all been put forward for consideration for the National Awards in their respective categories.
Click or tap the image below to view an image gallery of this year’s award winners.