Licensing Meets23 October 2019
Licensed Meets are competitive swimming events licensed by Swim England. This means they have to meet certain standards to ensure fair competition.
All licensed meets in London must be registered with the region’s Licensing Officer, Jean Scott.
If you are organising a Licensed Meet, or are interested in knowing more about them, the following resources are available to assist you:
- Refer to the Swim England Document Library for useful licensing documents
- Look at both the London Region Calendar and Swim England National Meets Calendar to check any potential clashes
- Review a summary of the different levels of meet on the Swim England website and check the criteria for each level of competition by downloading the Swim England Open Meet Licensing Criteria
Please note that a single application may only cover a series of meets if the conditions, entry/limit times etc are the same.
Applying for a License
The Meet Promoter will need to send the following information to email@example.com.
- Meet License Application Form
- Meet Conditions
- Supporting documents, qualifying standards, meet schedule, entry forms
This must be done a ideally TWO MONTHS before the first date of the meet in order to apply for a license.
Once the meet has taken place there are a number of forms that must be returned to the licensing officer to validate the meets results;
For more information, please contact the Licensing Officer.
The importance of insurance
All clubs, promoters and competition organisers are reminded that, for insurance purposes, all those volunteering on poolside at any competition must be registered members of an affiliated club or a member of the Institute of Swimming.