Licensed meets information for clubs13 March 2017
Licensed Meets are swimming events licensed by Swim England. This means they have to meet certain standards to ensure fair competition.
Clubs can access events in the licensed meets calendar. It contains a range of ‘open’ meets, designed to give all competitive swimmers in England the chance to achieve their true potential.
- Click here to go to the full Meets calendar (external site).
Club guide to the four levels of licensed meets
Licensed meets are subject to Swim England laws and regulations and the Swim England Technical Rules of Racing. They are graded into four levels. For a detailed description of each level download the ASA Open Meet Licensing Criteria PDF here.
- Level 1 Meets are long course (50m) only and cover National, Regional and County Championships. Their purpose is to enable athletes to achieve qualifying times for entry into National, Regional and County Championships.
- Level 2 Meets are short course (25m) only and cover National, Regional and County Championships. Their purpose is to enable athletes to achieve qualifying times for entry into National, Regional and County Championships in short course.
- Level 3 Meets are long and short course events. Their purpose is to enable athletes to achieve times for entry into Regional and County Championships and other Meets at Level 1 or Level 2.
- Level 4 Meets are entry level events in pools 25m or greater. Borough Championships are an example. They are for inexperienced athletes and swimmers seeking to compete outside their club environment. If times are good athletes progress to Level 3 Meets.
Further information on Licensed Meets
As a club you will organise Licensed Meets. The documentation to do this can be found below. It is for swimmers and organisers alike.
You can find everything from criteria for entry into events to a list of regional co-ordinators to contact. Any new help or guidance created for Licensed Meets by Swim England will be added to the library.
If there is something you feel is missing or incorrect please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.