The Swim England Strategy13 March 2017
We have a clear ambition. We want to create a society where everyone has the opportunity to learn how to swim, is supported to develop their skills, and enjoys the water throughout their lifetime. That is why we have launched our new Swim England strategy, Towards a nation swimming: a strategic plan for swimming in England 2017-21.
A nation swimming.
Creating a happier, healthier and more successful nation through swimming.
Our strategy lays out our focus for the next four years. It reinforces our commitment to supporting everyone involved in swimming: our members, our partners, the swimming workforce, those learning to swim, and those who already swim regularly.
Towards a nation swimming
To support our vision of a nation swimming we have set the following strategic objectives:
- Provide strong leadership and be the recognised authority for swimming
- Substantially increase the number of people able to swim
- Significantly grow the number and diversity of people enjoying and benefitting from regular swimming
- Create a world leading talent system for all our disciplines
- Deliver a high quality, diverse and motivated workforce within swimming
- Strengthening our organisational sustainability for future generations
We are committed to ensuring everyone is able to take part in swimming in a way that suits them. Behind each of the above objectives we explain how we will work towards these over the next four years.
Download the Swim England strategy
- Download Towards a nation swimming: a strategic plan for swimming in England 2017-21, or read it using the online viewer below.
Swim England Strategy Online Viewer
If the strategy hasn’t loaded after a few seconds, please refresh the page.
Read previous strategies
Other home nations
To read the British Swimming strategic plan click here.