Running Your Club1 April 2019 Managing Your Club
Here we cover the day-to-day management issues which mainly cover Club Governance but also how to host events and competitions as well as crucial areas such as safeguarding and risk assessments.
Click or tap the links below to find out more.
We have developed a number of information sessions and workshops to support Officers in their roles within the club or organisation. Each session is designed to support new and existing Chairs, Secretaries, Membership Officers and Welfare Officers in dealing with challenges and the day to day running of the club or organisation. Each session is free of charge to attend and will be delivered online via Zoom.
For more information including dates and times of the sessions please click on the relevant survey monkey link:
- Secretary and Membership Officer information session: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Secretary-Membership
- Chair’s information session on dealing with internal disputes (mandatory): https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ClubChairSessions
- Welfare Officer information session (mandatory): https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Welfareofficerworkshops
In our quest for continual improvement and support for members, from the 1st November 2023, attendance on both the Chair and Welfare information sessions will be mandatory for affiliated clubs and will form part of the required evidence for Club Affiliation and SwimMark renewals.
Any Chair or Welfare Officer who attends a workshop will have their membership record updated and this information will transfer automatically to the Club Personnel Report. Please note any previous attendance has been recorded. We recommend attending the workshops on an annual basis to ensure important updates are received.
Good Governance Guide
This guide has been put together for all Swim England members to benefit from and supports Swim England to cascade good governance throughout our affiliated bodies. It also enables affiliated organisations to better understand why policies and procedures are implemented and its relevance to Swim England’s compliancy standards.
A well governed organisation has many benefits including reducing the amount of complaints from members. However if a complaint does arise, please see our different ways to report a concern or complaint via a club or Swim England affiliated organisation.
Guidance to clubs for entering competitions and running your own competitions both internally and licensed meets.
- Club Member Check – look up the registered clubs, country of international representation and any qualifications of Swim England members.
- Suspended Clubs – view which clubs have their Swim England affiliation suspended for failing to submit a full annual renewal.
- Swim England Club Codes – all Swim England affiliated clubs are allocated a four-letter code. You can search through these.
- Licensed Meets information – our guide to the four levels of Swim England licensed meets.
Protecting children and adults is a vital responsibility of all clubs. These pages will provide guidance for safeguarding matters.