SE London Summer Championships 202215 March 2022
|Saturday 12 March 2022|
Sunday 13 March 2022
|K2 Leisure Centre, Pease Pottage Hill, Crawley RH11 9BQ (1LR220484)|
|Saturday 19 March 2022|
Sunday 20 March 2022
|London Aquatics Centre, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford, London E20 2AQ (1LR220485)|
|Saturday 30 April 2022|
Sunday 1 May 2022
Monday 2 May 2022
|London Aquatics Centre, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford, London E20 2AQ (1LR220486)|
- The Promoter and Meet Manager for this event is Alan Thurlow (contact)
- The Meet Manager for this event is Nick Hallam (contact).
- The Lead Referee for this event is Ralph Shortland (contact).
Updating Relay Names
We attach a guide at this link that explains how you make changes to your relay names and swimming order in the portal. You will have already entered your teams and probably most of your swimmer names in your original entry file. These will be visible in the portal when you follow this guide.
You will not need to submit an updated entry file. We will download the names that are in the portal on Friday, 29 April at midday. Please do not make any changes after this time as they will not be included in the meet. After midday on Friday, you can make changes directly with Alan Thurlow in the Timing suite at the LAC at any time up to the closing time for withdrawals of the relevant session.
Please ensure that you have added the names of any potential swimmers into the portal. You can enter up to 8 per relay team. Adding names directly into HyTek is time consuming and could delay the start of the session.
Please contact Alan Thurlow if you have any questions.
Youth Accepted and Rejected Entries
All valid entries have been accepted. The Accepted Entry List can be found in the Meet Documents section below. We had 2,280 entries of which 1,113 (49%) were through the Qualifying Meet.
The report of entries rejected because they were invalid, either because they did not meet the qualifying times or could not be validated on Rankings, can be found at the links below:
Youth Meet Programmes
- Saturday 30 April – Session 9
- Saturday 30 April – Session 10
- Sunday 1 May – Session 12
- Sunday 1 May – Session 13
- Monday 2 May – Session 15
- Monday 2 May – Session 16
Age Group Accepted and Rejected Entries
The age group accepted entries report is available in the meet documents section below. We had 2,208 entries of which 119 were rejected. The main reasons for rejections were that submitted times were not on rankings or the times were outside the qualifying times for the meet entered. We have noted that there was only one entry from a para swimmer. Of the 2,087 entries accepted, 830 achieved automatic qualification by successfully entering the Qualifying Meet. This represents just under 40% of the total accepted entries.
A rejected entries report from the Qualifying Meet entry can be found here.
A rejected entries report from the Consideration Meet entry can be found here.
Age Group Meet Programmes
- Saturday 12 March – Session 1 – K2
- Saturday 12 March – Session 2 – K2
- Sunday 13 March – Session 3 – K2
- Sunday 13 March – Session 4 – K2
- Saturday 19 March – Session 5 – LAC
- Saturday 19 March – Session 6 – LAC
- Sunday 20 March – Session 7 – LAC
- Sunday 20 March – Session 8 – LAC
Age Group Results
- Overall Combined Medal Table
- Age Group Combined Team Scores
- Youth Combined Team Scores
- Overall Combined Team Scores
Key Meet Information
- A swimmer’s age shall be determined as at midnight on 31 December 2022.
- “Youth/Youths” are defined as competitors being 15 years old or over.
- “Age Group/Age Groups” are defined as competitors being between 11 years old and 14 years old (inclusive).
- All Long Distance events are being run for all age groups during the first Age Group weekend.
- The closing deadline for Age Group and all Long Distance entries and full payment is 2 March 2022. The closing deadline for Youth entries and full payment is 20 April 2022.
- ALL entries must be submitted electronically using the Online Club Entry Form or the Online Individual Entry Form using ranking times (at any level) gained since 1 January 2021 at any licenced meet.
- There will be a Qualifying entry and a Consideration Entry to this competition. Both should be entered at the same time and both have the same closing deadline. Qualifying – eligibility governed by Qualifying Times (match or better), the achievement of which will guarantee entry into the relevant competition subject to the Promoter’s Conditions. Consideration – eligibility governed by a lower set of Consideration Times and Upper Limit Times equal to the Qualifying Times. The achievement of the Consideration eligibility does not guarantee entry into the relevant competition and Consideration entries will be managed/accepted/declined to achieve an optimal number of competitors for the meet.
- ENTRIES WHICH DO NOT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF QUALIFYING OR CONSIDERATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Two (2) Event files containing the full schedule of events for the Age Group competition and two (2) Event files containing the full schedule of events for the Youth competition are available for download. Each pair of event files consists of a Qualifying entry file and a Consideration entry file.
- This meet will be run using Hy-Tek Meet Manager software. Entry files from compatible team management software (e.g. Swim Manager or Team Unify) will be accepted. SportSystems Entry Files are not compatible with our online systems and cannot be accepted.
- Competitors (or their representatives) who are not intending to/who are unable to swim in Heats or in “Heat Declared Winner” events must notify the Meet Manager of the competitor’s name and the number of the event from which they wish to withdraw electronically by email before midday on Friday 11 March 2022 for the Age Groups weekend events (the day before the start of the competition), or electronically by email before midday on Friday 29 April 2022 for the Youths weekend events (the day before the start of the competition), or in person by completing a withdrawal form at the table on poolside no later than 50 minutes before the start time of the first event of each session.
- WITHDRAWALS SUBMITTED OUTSIDE OF THESE TIMEFRAMES WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
- Please assist the Meet Manager by submitting timely withdrawals to ensure that the sessions run to an optimal schedule with no empty lanes.
- An announcement will be made of the finalists and 2 reserves for each event as the meet progresses. The announcement will include a time by which finalists and reserves can withdraw from a final. A fine will be levied on the club under whose name the swimmer is entered if a swimmer does not withdraw from a final in time by completing the withdrawal form at the Withdrawals table and does not swim.
Para Swimmers – Competition & Entry
Specific events within the SE London Summer Championships 2022 have been designated as Multi Classification events. Please see the Meet Conditions for details. Multi Classification awards will be issued for Age Groups and Youths separately – not across the entire Championships as in previous years,
Para Swimming entries must be submitted electronically using the On-Line Individual Entry form (see below). It is imperative that Competition Secretaries and Coaches check the published Accepted Entries Reports to ensure that their Para Swimmers have had a Classification recorded correctly.
Access to Poolside
A poolside pass is required for access to the pool area.
Coaches, Team Managers and Chaperones must apply for a pass through the Swim England National Poolside Pass system which can be accessed here –
Swim England Events Accreditation
A weekend pass costs £15.00 and an annual/season pass costs £50.00 – you will need to have the appropriate qualifications and checks in place to cover the whole period applied for.
Your pass must be downloaded by the individual before attending the meet. Pouches and lanyards will be provided at the entrance desk.
If you are Coaching using an L2 Teacher qualification, AND ONLY IN THESE CIRCUMSTANCES – you will need to apply for your weekend pass using the following forms (PLEASE DO NOT ABUSE THIS FACILITY) – Swim England London will bill your club for your application;
Weekend 1: L2 Teachers Pass – Weekend 1 – £15.00
Weekend 2: L2 Teachers Pass – Weekend 2 – £15.00
Weekend 3: L2 Teachers Pass – Weekend 3 – £15.00
All other Non-Technical Volunteers (including VIPs and SE Staff) who are unable to use the National Poolside Pass system must apply for a photo ID here –
Volunteer. SE Staff & VIP Pass Application
Technical Officials must also wear their licence on poolside.
Spectator Entry Fees
Entry to spectate the meets shall cost £10.00 per day (regardless of arrival/departure time) for all individuals 16 years old and over.
There will be no printed programme available for this meet – we encourage all attendees to download and print the online programme at home prior to your arrival.
Start Lists and Results
Live start lists and results will be provided during the meet in the HyTek Meet Mobile app. The app can be downloaded from both Apple and Google app stores.
The schedule of events is now available in the HyTek Meet Mobile app.
We would love to see your messages of support and congratulations along with your team/swimmer photos too. Please tag us when posting on Twitter (@LondonSwimming) and use the hashtag #2022LondonSummers. Thanks.
Officials and non-technical volunteers
Technical Officials may register their willingness to volunteer your time for this event at this link.
Field of Play volunteers may register your willingness to volunteer your time for this event at this link.
We are very grateful for any offer of assistance.
We have updated our on-line meet entry form to allow individual entries to be made for Masters and Para Swimmers.
The form looks different but it operates the same way for Club competition secretaries in allowing you to upload your meet entry file in either an SD3 or HY3 file format. The confirmation of what we have processed is now displayed for you on line so you will not be getting a separate email from our Meet Admin to confirm what we have received. You can also delete an existing entry file and upload a new one if you have made changes before the closing date. You can also withdraw a swimmer from a specific event.
Any Masters or Para Swimmer making an individual entry should use this online form too by selecting the “Individual Entry” option. Para swimmers will be asked to enter their classification. Clubs should also use this option to enter Para Swimmers.
- COVID procedures for K2, Crawley
- COVID Procedures for the London Aquatic Centre
- Promoter’s Conditions (approved by Licensing)
- Schedule of Events
- Qualifying Times
- Consideration Times
- Para-Swimming Consideration Times
- HyTek Meet Events file for Age Group Qualifying Entry
- HyTek Meet Events file for Age Group Consideration Entry
- HyTek Meet Events file for Youth Qualifying Entry
- HyTek Meet Events file for Youth Consideration Entry (amended for error in the 17 year old Boys 100m Free CT)
- Online Meet Entry Portal
- Age Group Accepted Entry List (amended to include the previously scratched 800m entries)
- Youth Accepted Entry List
- Age Group Key Times Report
- Youth Key Times Report (updated for earlier starts to second session each day to allow for officials’ catering at LAC)