General guidance on worker health and safety24 March 2017
Running swimming pools is a complex activity. One area is keeping your workforce safe from harm.
Swim England has developed a range of general guidance to help you with workforce safety. It ranges from risk assessments of young people to manual handling advice.
If you have any questions about any of the guidance then email the facilities team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them on 01509 640 258.
- Risk assessment of young people at work. The law requires you risk assess young people when they start due to inexperience. Download our guidance and checklist here.
- Risk assessment for new and expectant mothers. Pools can hold many hazards for new and expectant mothers. Download our guidance and checklist here.
General Health and Safety
- Manual handling guidance. From lifting springboards to pulling lane ropes, the pool environment is full of manual handling tasks. Download our guidance here.
- How long should your swimming teachers work without a break? The hot, humid atmosphere of a pool raises challenges around working time. Download our guidance here.
- Advice on teaching while pregnant? Discover how long expectant mothers should continue to teach swimming. Download our guidance here.