Swim England releases more dates for popular Team Manager 1 course28 May 2020
More dates have been released for a popular online training programme which saw dozens of places snapped up in a matter of minutes.
Swim England is putting on three national courses for the Team Manager 1 webinar.
Team Manager 1 is aimed at those who are starting out on their volunteering journey and focuses on single day competitions or camps where there is no overnight stay.
The course has been specially adapted for online training so it can be completed during the coronavirus lockdown – and it took only 22 minutes for all the places to be fully booked back in April.
Claire Coleman, Swim England head of volunteering and pathways, said that demonstrated the desire of people wanting to get more involved in aquatic sports.
The three new dates for the Team Manager 1 webinar, which can be accessed by any category of Swim England members, are (click on the date to book a spot on that course):
- Sunday 14 June from 3.30pm to 6pm
- Sunday 21 June from 3.30pm to 6pm
- Sunday 28 June from 3.30pm to 6pm.
Claire said: “The Team Manager 1 webinar has been a great success in delivering volunteer training and engaging with our members since lockdown commenced.
“This first step into volunteering gives members the opportunity to understand the requirements of this role, key points in creating and maintaining a safe environment and how to manage situations whilst on pool deck.
Enthusiasm of volunteers
“The first phase of nationally hosted workshops were booked up very quickly with the first course being full to capacity in 22 minutes.
“This clearly demonstrates to us the enthusiasm of volunteers to engage with the online delivery.”
Following the publication of WavePower 2020-2023, the content of the course has been updated particularly in relation to ratios and the role of chaperone.
Swim England has also incorporated other feedback received over the last 12 months from presenters, clubs and volunteers to address some of the common queries received during the workshop.
If the course is fully booked, your name will be added to a waiting list for the next available dates.
In light of the success of the Team Manager 1 webinar, a working group is looking to transfer Team Manager 2 online in the future.
Meanwhile, workshops on a range of courses – including the Team Manager 1 webinar – are also being held by the Swim England regions after the pool of online presenters was expanded.
To find out details of what is happening in each region, click on the region below or follow email as detailed:
- Swim England West Midlands Region
- Swim England East Midlands Region
- Swim England East Region
- Swim England London Region: Workshops held in the London region are based on demand so to register your interest, please email James Warrener at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim England South East Region
- Swim England South West Region: If you are interested in attending workshops in the South West Region, please email email@example.com
- Swim England North East Region: If you are interested in attending workshops in the North East Region, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim England North West Region: If you are interested in attending workshops in the North West Region, please email email@example.com