Swim England’s school swimming and water safety resources available on Complete P.E23 January 2023
Swim England’s School Swimming and Water Safety Charter resources are now available to access via the interactive physical education platform, Complete P.E.
The sharing of these resources via the Complete P.E platform will support more than 1,000 schools across the nation.
As a result, more teachers can now access the necessary support and resources to feel confident and to enjoy teaching and supporting school swimming and water safety lessons.
Schools using Complete P.E have convenient access to the following resources from the national governing body:
- Downloadable Awards
- Lesson plans
- Guidance documents
- Videos providing guidance on lesson delivery across all the national curriculum outcomes and tips and ideas
- Resources for school teachers to use in the classroom, including fun activities and cross-curricular ideas
- Templates to help deliver lessons and record pupil achievements
- Templates to use in communications with parents, swimming teachers and lesson providers
- Water safety presentation for pupils for use in classroom or assembly
- School Swimming and Water Safety charter digital logo stamp to use on printed and online materials.
💥 We have added Swim England’s School Swimming and Water Safety resources onto Complete PE.
Schools using Complete PE can now have convenient access to these resources on our platform.
— Complete P.E. (@Complete_PE) January 23, 2023
Lorna Goldie, Swim England school swimming and water safety development officer, explained that school swimming is sometimes the only opportunity for children to swim and learn vital safe self-rescue and water safety information.
She said: “This is an important step to engaging more teachers and pupils throughout the country.
“We are pleased to have our School Swimming and Water Safety Charter resources made available on the Complete P.E platform and this will hopefully make access quicker and more convenient for such a wide range of schools.
“For those not signed up to the Complete P.E platform, our digital resources are still available to access for free once schools and swimming lessons providers are signed up to Swim England’s School Swimming and Water Safety Charter.
“In many cases, school swimming lessons are the only opportunity for pupils to learn safe self-rescue skills and water safety knowledge.
“The utilisation of our School Swimming and Water Safety Charter resources aids effective delivery of school swimming and water safety, making school swimming lessons a positive experience for the nation’s children.”