Terms and conditions - Have a Go Session Swimming
1. Our prize draws and competitions are organised by The Amateur Swimming Association (Swim England) Limited (registered company number 10931571) (known simply as ’Swim England’) of Pavilion 3, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF, registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under number 1175603.
How to enter
2. To qualify for entry, individuals should attend the Have a Go – Swimming spectator event based at Sandwell Aquatics Centre and electronically register their details during the period of the 2022 Commonwealth Games, ending 8 August 2022. Entries received after the conclusion of the event or entries which are incomplete will not be accepted.
3. Our prize draws and competitions are free to enter and no purchase is necessary
4. Swim England will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Swim England reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
7. Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except employees of Swim England, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
8. This prize draw is open to all to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over. If you are under 18, you can still enter with the permission of a parent or guardian.
9. Only one entry per person is permitted.
10. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Swim England may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
11. Swim England reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
12. A winner will be chosen by random draw from all qualifying entrants performed by a computer process following the end of the 2022 Commonwealth Games on 8 August 2022.
13. The prize will be a single signed t-shirt.
14. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to Swim England within 7 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and Swim England will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Swim England reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond Swim England’s control makes it necessary to do so.
16. The decision of Swim England regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Legal Department, Swim England, Pavilion 3, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF, or an email to Legal@swimming.org within 60 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw or competition, quoting the specific prize draw or competition to which you refer.
18. Swim England reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
Limitation of liability
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, Swim England, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Swim England, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
21. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Swim England or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
22. All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. Swim England reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.